Byrna LE - Can Not be sold in South Africa
South African law states that less-lethal products are no allowed to shoot higher than 13 joules.
The joules are calculated by the velocity and the weight of the projectile. Shooting at 300FPS with a weight of 3 gram(all Byrna projectiles are 3 grams) will calculate to 13 joules. The joules of the Byrna LE is higher than the regulated 13 joule allowed by SA law.
We are well aware that you can find related products that shoots higher than the allowed 13 joules in the market. Like a lot of things in South Africa, the laws are not always enforced or uphold. Byrna South Africa decided to act responsible towards our clients and to keep them safe.
Keep in mind, the success of the Byrna platform is not only from blunt force projectiles that subdue the attacker with pain, but rather the chemical irritant projectiles that burst on impact and allows the teargas and pepper powder to saturate the air. Both Chemical incapacitation and blunt impact projectiles are effective
Here are a few features of using chemical projectiles like the Byrna Max Projectile:
- Max projectiles are fragile and don’t need to be shot at high fps to break.
- The chemical cloud that forms can capitated more than one person due to the chemical cloud than forms on impact.
- You don’t need direct line of sight. You can shoot next to a person and he/she will still be affected.
- Accurate and effective up to 20 meters
- Effective on people that are drunk or high on drugs. People high on drugs don’t feel pain like a sober person and therefore blunt impact projectiles might not be affective.
We will gladly assist with any questions regarding the topic – email@example.com